Home Owners Insurance

Homeowners Insurance:

Homeowners insurance covers your house and belongings in case of various events, such as fires, hail, tornadoes, and burst pipes.

  • Here are the standard types of coverage typically included in a homeowner’s policy:some text
    • Dwelling Coverage: This covers damage to the home and attached structures (like a porch). It’s enough to rebuild your home if necessary.
    • Other Structures Coverage: This covers stand-alone structures on your property, such as a fence or shed (usually 10% of dwelling coverage).
    • Personal Property Coverage: Pays to repair or replace stolen or damaged belongings (typically 50% of dwelling coverage).
    • Loss of Use Coverage: Helps pay temporary living expenses while your home is being repaired (usually 20% of dwelling coverage).
    • Personal Liability Coverage: Pays if you unintentionally injure someone or cause property damage ($100,000 to $1,00,000).
    • Medical Payments Coverage: Covers medical expenses for others injured on your property.

Renters Insurance:

  • Renters insurance is designed for people who don’t own their own place. It covers personal belongings in case of theft, fire, and other disasters.
  • Key components of renters insurance include:some text
    • Personal Property Coverage: Covers your clothing, furniture, electronics, and other belongings.
    • Loss of Use Coverage: Pays for hotel stays or other expenses if you must live elsewhere while your home undergoes repairs.
    • Liability Coverage: Pays out if you’re responsible for injuries to other people or damage to their property.

Remember, whether you’re a homeowner or a renter, having insurance provides peace of mind and financial protection! 🏠🔒